What are the major attractions in Milan?
If your trip to Milan is all locked in but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Cathedral of Milan deserves way more than just a quick drive-by. Hop out of your car and take your time getting familiar with this landmark attraction during your stay in Milan.
You'll need to wake up early if you're planning to see all the interesting attractions this place has to offer. Pinacoteca di Brera and Castello Sforzesco are must-sees. Teatro alla Scala and Sempione Park can't be missed either.
Not far from the heart of the city, Palazzo Cusani is one spot you might like to consider adding to your must-see list. If you still have some room on your travel schedule, Academy of Fine Arts of Brera and Biblioteca Nazionale Braidense will keep you on the go, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Milan?
Milan has some wonderful sights, but there's even more to keep you amused in the surrounding area. How does an iconic attraction sound to you? About 31 miles away in Varese, Sacred Mountain of the Rosary lures the crowds year-round. Why not plan a visit and see what all the fuss is about?
Where are the best convention centers near Milan?
Rental cars are a great option among traveling professionals. If your time in Milan is predominately for business purposes, you ought to know where all the convention and business centers are situated. Here are just a few of the top ones:
- Milan Convention Centre (MIC) (2 miles away).
- Fiera Milano City (2 miles away).
- Exhibition Park Novegro (4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Milan?
Here you'll find our top recommendations if you want to grab the best deal on a car rental:
- Our clever filter tool will soon become your new best friend. Compare the cheapest deals from all of the top rental car companies with just a few clicks;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what sensational bargains will zoom straight into your inbox;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're getting the cheapest deal around;
- If you have some elbow room in your schedule, play around with your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- See if you can keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you return your rental car later than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more dollars in your back pocket. You'll grab some of the cheapest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are finalized. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!
What kind of rental car should I get for Milan?
An unforgettable road trip starts with a great car. And if you intend to discover the exciting sights of Milan, like Cathedral of Milan, you'll need a ride that fits your needs. Meet the compact or economy car. These small vehicles will help you navigate this bustling city's tangle of busy streets and heavy traffic. If you're road tripping with a group of friends, think a little bigger. Comfortably cruise around and enjoy more legroom with a full-size SUV. These vehicles can handle any type of terrain, which makes them ideal if you're hoping to explore the foothills around the region.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Milan?
You'll be happy to hear that there's a wide variety of luxurious vehicles to rent in Milan. What you opt for will depend on how much you want to spend and what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles offer the best in comfort and class. If you feel like splashing out, why not go for an elite SUV, or perhaps a flashy mid-size sedan? Otherwise, if you're just after a set of wheels to get you around town as economically as possible, you're better off choosing an economy compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).