What are the major attractions in Lisbon District?
If your trip to Lisbon District is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
Castle of Sao Jorge deserves more than just a quick drive-by tour. Hop out of your car and take your time exploring this iconic sight while you're in Lisbon District.
You'll need to roll out of bed early if you want to check out all the interesting sights this place has to offer. Rossio Square and Lisbon Cathedral (Se) are no-brainers. Gulbenkian Museum and 25th of April Bridge shouldn't be overlooked either.
Plan a stop at Figueira Square. It's one sight you'll usually find on travelers' must-do lists. Armazens do Chiado Mall and Dom Pedro IV Statue are also nearby and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Lisbon District?
If you have a little spare time and you don't mind traveling 19 miles, take a look at Sesimbra. This lively place boasts loads of things to keep you busy. Fortaleza de Santiago, Sesimbra Castle and Meco Beach alone justify the drive out here. The locals are also likely to point you toward Cadaval, 37 miles away. If you can only see one attraction here, make sure it's Museum of Cadaval. (But we'd also highly recommend Real Fabrica do Gelo and Serra de Montejunto Lookout.)
Where are the best beaches near Lisbon District?
There's nothing quite as nice as rolling down the car window and feeling the cool sea breeze on your skin while you're cruising beside the sea. Pack some snacks and spend some time relaxing near the water at one of the gorgeous beaches near Lisbon District. Picturesque options include:
- Dragao Beach (7 miles away).
- Costa da Caparica Beach (7 miles away).
- Health Beach (7 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Lisbon District?
If you have some important business to see to in Lisbon District, chances are you'll be spending plenty of time at a convention center. If that's the case, you might want to hear about the ones that have hotels and cafés nearby:
- Lisboa Congress Centre (2 miles away).
- Belem Cultural Center (4 miles away).
- Lisbon International Exhibition Fair (5 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Lisbon District?
Here's a rundown of our top suggestions if you want to score the best price on a rental car:
- Use our clever filter tool to help steer you toward the hottest car rental deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the best deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Scan the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport terminal and its vicinity. A short cab journey to a neighboring car rental outlet may mean some impressive savings;
- If your dates are flexible, see if you can get a better price by switching up the days in your search;
- Nobody likes getting stung with a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some places reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep an eye open for these money-saving deals;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book now and lock in your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Lisbon District?
Lisbon District is ready and waiting for you. This major metropolis is jam-packed with sensational sights and experiences — Castle of Sao Jorge, anyone? Naturally, large cities often mean dense traffic, and scoring a park isn't always easy. That's why many travelers here go for a mini or a compact car. These small vehicles won't be a good match for everyone though. If you're road tripping with buddies, consider a ride with more leg space, such as an SUV or a standard car. These would also make it easy to check out the striking coastal plains the region is known for.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Lisbon District?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in Lisbon District. From sporty models with all the mod cons to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what you intend to do. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than four wheels and a gas pedal. What type of car will it be this time?