Car rentals in Calgary: All you need to know
A Calgary car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Alberta has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Calgary. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I get a great deal on a car rental in Calgary?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to snag budget-friendly rates. Just type in your travel dates and scroll through the variety of rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Calgary. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have outlets in Calgary?
There are around 42 rental suppliers that you can decide from. We have budget-friendly names like Budget and Thrifty and global ones like Enterprise and Hertz. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Calgary?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Alberta metropolis means you're bound to find an automobile that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Calgary?
Normally, the age limit for car rentals in Calgary is 21. However, there might be an additional charge if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category rentals in particular. Go through the supplier's terms to figure out what any additional charges will be before you book your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Calgary?
Insurance is required, wherever you rent a car. Nevertheless, you could already be insured by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it is necessary, you can just add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you want to check out all that Calgary offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Calgary. Go over the fine print to be certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
What are some must-see sights in Calgary?
There is tons to see and do in Calgary. Some of Calgary's most popular attractions are:
- Heritage Park
- Canada Olympic Park
- Spruce Meadows
Fortunately, you can cruise to the one you want or visit them all.
Before you drive off
Be sure you check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot on your Calgary adventure. You should:
- Inspect the vehicle and make sure there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Calgary car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter who you're traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can align with your requirement and not deplete your travel piggy bank.