Car rentals in Venice: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Venice whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Check out the top sites around town and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Venice. We've gathered your most popular questions about renting a car in Venice. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I find a bargain rental car in Venice?
You're on your way to getting the best price on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, there are ways to get an even lower price on your next booking. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Venice?
In Venice, we have a few car rental suppliers to decide from, like Hertz. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Venice?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Venice. If you're having a little trouble deciding, make sure to read over the table below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Venice?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Venice is 21—the same as it is across most of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to go through the rental agreement to determine any additional fees is before you rent your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Venice?
Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Although many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, give some coverage, there may be restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you book a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check car rental company's policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station near the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Venice.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to check out all that Venice offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Read the fine print to be certain they are truly "unlimited."
What are some must-see sights in Venice?
There is tons to see and do in Venice. Some of Venice's most popular attractions are:
- Musica A Palazzo
- Saint Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Bridge of Sighs
Lucky for you, you can cruise to whichever one you want or visit them all.
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you go over a few items before you leave the rental lot. You should:
- Walk around your car and make certain there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Venice car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Venice has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Venice.