Car rentals in Dallas: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Dallas whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Check out the famous sites around town and park in front of the best restaurants in Dallas. CarRentals.com has collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Dallas. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I find a great deal on a rental car in Dallas?
You're on your way to finding the best price on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your next rental. Be sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Dallas.
What rental companies have outlets in Dallas?
We have around 41 car rental companies that you can choose from. We have budget-friendly names like Payless and Fox and global ones like National and Hertz. Scan through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Dallas?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Dallas. If you're having a bit of trouble picking the right car, be sure to read over our table below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Dallas?
Normally, to rent a car in Dallas you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Go through the supplier's terms to find what any additional fees will be before you book your car.
Does Dallas require rental car insurance?
When driving in Dallas or the rest of the U.S. of A., you'll need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you pick up your car. Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy interim coverage through the rental agency. Moreover, as a U.S. citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com during checkout.
Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, provide some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Dallas?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for anyone who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the fine print before you book.
Before you drive off
Before you begin on your Dallas vacation, be sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Dallas car rental today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a vehicle that can suit your needs and not deplete your travel fund.