What are the major attractions in Barcelona?
If your trip to Barcelona is all locked in but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
A scan of a postcard stand will tell you that a trip to Barcelona wouldn't be complete without checking out Sagrada Familia. Considered the most iconic attraction in the city, you might want to schedule more time here than just a quick stop.
You'll have to roll out of bed early if you're hoping to see all the interesting sights this place has to offer. Gran Teatre del Liceu and La Rambla are non-negotiable. Barcelona Cathedral and Placa de Catalunya shouldn't be missed either.
Plan a stop at Film Archive of Catalonia. It's one sight you'll find on most travelers' to-do lists. If you still have space on that schedule, Sala Fenix and Rambla del Raval will keep you amused, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Barcelona?
There's no need to spend all your time in Barcelona when there's a great big world out there! Only 50 miles away, Tarragona will keep you occupied with fascinating sights like Roman Circus. After one more reason to head there? National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona is also within close reach.
Where are the best beaches near Barcelona?
Nothing says vacation like jumping in the car, putting on some tunes and cruising to the seaside. Barcelona has some amazing beaches close by, so bring along a good book (and a kite if the wind's up) and take a road trip to one of these great options:
- Nova Icaria Beach (2 miles away).
- Bogatell Beach (2 miles away).
- Mar Bella Beach (2 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Barcelona?
After a long day of chatting to like-minded people, it's always nice to know you can relax and unwind somewhere nearby. If you're visiting Barcelona primarily for work, here are some of the top convention centers that are close to hotels and cafés:
- Pati Manning (0.5 miles away).
- Casa Llotja de Mar (1 mile away).
- Fira de Barcelona Montjuïc (1 mile away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Barcelona?
We've rounded up all the tricks of the trade to help you save more money:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the top companies in town in just a few clicks;
- Keep checking your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll give you the intel on all the best deals cruising around your location;
- Check both airport and non-airport office locations to make sure you're receiving the best possible offer around;
- If your dates are not etched in stone, see if you can get a better price by modifying the days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you may be charged for a whole extra day;
- Some places reward you for prepaying — keep an eye open for these kinds of deals;
- And finally, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as you can to score a load of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Barcelona?
Top up the tank and slide behind the wheel in Barcelona. You'll find action around every bend here, from famous sights like Sagrada Familia to the more remote coastal plains. The car you pick will add to the experience. If you're visiting with family or friends, look into a standard or an intermediate rental vehicle. They offer a lot more legroom and luggage space. Plan to avoid city driving but would like to venture into some nearby natural areas? Drive away in an RV. This vehicle is perfect for those craving outdoor adventure — and you won't have to spend money on hotels either!
Should I get a luxury rental car in Barcelona?
For some, owning a luxury vehicle is little more than a lofty dream. But renting your dream car is absolutely within your grasp! Imagine the feeling of cruising into town in a fancy convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or perhaps all you want is a reliable set of wheels to get you from A to B. Extravagant or economical? Either way, there's a rental car to suit you in Barcelona.