What are the major attractions in Stockholm?
If your trip to Stockholm is all organized but your travel itinerary is looking a bit empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
If there's one thing that epitomizes Stockholm, it's Solvalla. Make sure you grab plenty of fantastic photos of this spectacular sight to show your pals back home!
Discover the best of what this place has to offer by adding Royal Swedish Opera and Museum of Medieval Stockholm to your schedule. If you have an extra day to spare, drop by Stockholm Palace and Stockholm City Hall as well.
Stop by Sergels Square. It's one sight you'll find on most travelers' must-do lists. If you still have some space on that travel itinerary, House of Culture and Stockholm City Theatre will keep you occupied, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Stockholm?
We know you're eager to see what your new ride can do. How about taking a short trip out to Sodertalje? Just 19 miles away, roll down those windows and let the wind rustle your hair on the way there. Among your first few stops here ought to be Torekallberget Open Air Museum, AXA Sports Center and Sodertalje Golf Club. Situated 25 miles away, Sigtuna is another popular tourist destination. If you visit, don't miss Steninge Slott, Sigtuna Golf Club and St. Olof's Church.
Where are the best beaches near Stockholm?
Beaches can be awesome places to fly a kite. If it's a windy day, why not buckle the little ones into the car and drive off to Schweizerbadet Beach? It's 19 miles from Stockholm and is a terrific place for some fun and games.
Where are the best convention centers near Stockholm?
If you're going to Stockholm for work-related purposes, there's a good chance you'll be visiting some convention and business centers. With your own set of wheels, you can rest easy knowing you'll make it there on time. Here are some of the biggest and the best:
- Stockholm City Conference Centre (0.3 miles away).
- Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre (0.4 miles away).
- Stockholm International Fairs and Congress Centre (4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Stockholm?
Here are our suggestions on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your pocket:
- Our convenient filter tool will become your new BFF. Scan the biggest bargains from all of the top companies quickly and easily;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what fantastic bargains will drive straight into your inbox;
- Peruse the offers at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A brief cab trip to a close-by car rental outlet could mean big savings;
- You can sometimes save a few dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and see what savings can be made;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time as similar as possible. If you return your car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be charged a full extra day;
- Some car rental outlets reward you with discounts if you pay as soon as you book, so make sure you watch out for these penny-pinching offers;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are confirmed. You'll have the largest range to choose from the earlier you book.
What kind of rental car should I get for Stockholm?
Stockholm — so many things to see and do, not enough time. Solvalla is merely the tip of the iceberg. That's why renting a car is a good idea. Explore more of the icons of this busy metropolis with an economy or a compact car. Heavy traffic, endless streets, lane changes, and dead ends are made all the easier with small runabouts like these. Of course, if you'd prefer to ride in slightly more style, why not opt for a convertible? Ideal for taking advantage of the great weather and scenery, you can head out to the forests of the region with the top down and the wind in your hair.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Stockholm?
You'll be glad to hear that there's a great range of both economy and luxury rental vehicles in Stockholm. What you end up going with depends on how much you're willing to spend as well as what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles offer unparalleled mod cons and comfort. If you're splashing out, why not pick a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a slick medium-sized vehicle? Otherwise, if you're just after a car to zip around town in as efficiently as possible, you're better off choosing a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't break the bank).