Car rentals in Houston: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to get around Houston whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Explore the famous sites around the region and park in front of the popular restaurants in Houston. We've collected your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Houston. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where can I get a great deal on a car rental in Houston?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to snag the best deals. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the variety of rental car companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the cheapest offers in Houston. You can also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Houston?
CarRentals.com has around 138 car rental providers that you can decide from. We have budget-friendly names like Budget and Thrifty and global ones like Enterprise and Hertz. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Houston?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Houston. If you're having a little trouble picking the right car, be sure to read over our table below. We've compared the most popular types of cars for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Houston?
Normally, to rent a car in Houston you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the supplier's terms to find any additional charges will be before you book your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Houston?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also book Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Many major card issuers, like Visa or Discover, give some coverage; however, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you reserve a larger or luxury vehicle. Make sure to check rental car supplier's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
Most suppliers provide you a full to full tank policy. At CarRentals.com, we encourage bringing it back with a full tank of gas. To avoid any added expenses, fill up your tank before you return the car. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to check out all that Houston and maybe even the rest of Texas offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Review the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
What are some must-see sights in Houston?
There is tons to see and do in this city. Houston has around 12 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- The Menil Collection
- Children's Museum of Houston
- Johnson Space Center and Space Center Houston
- The Galleria
Fortunately, you can drive to the one you want or see them all.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few things before you leave the lot on your Houston adventure. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Houston rental car today
You know you can depend on a great vehicle that will result in more extra money to spare when you reserve your car rental with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your perfect Houston rental car. We'll see you around town.