Car rentals in Lombardy: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to get around Lombardy whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. See the famous sites around the region and park in front of the best restaurants in Lombardy. CarRentals.com has answered the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Lombardy. Find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where can I get a bargain rental car in Lombardy?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best deal. However, you can do a couple things to keep your next rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Read the mileage policy to avoid any surprises
- Reserve your car rental as far ahead of time as you can
- Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs if possible; they tend to be more expensive
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you might save more with a longer rental
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Lombardy rental car.
What rental companies have outlets in Lombardy?
In Lombardy, there are 3 rental providers to decide from, like National. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Lombardy?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this metropolis means you're bound to find a vehicle that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Lombardy?
Generally, the age limit for renting a car in Lombardy is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to review the terms to find any additional fees will be before you rent your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Lombardy?
When driving in Lombardy or the rest of Italy, you'll need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy temporary coverage with the rental supplier.
Many major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, provide some coverage, but there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you reserve a larger or luxury vehicle. Be sure to check your rental car company's policy before you decide.
What is the fuel policy for Lombardy rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
At CarRentals.com, we encourage a full to full policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you should bring it back it topped off. If you want to save some money, it is best to fill up your tank before you return the car.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Lombardy?
Unlimited miles is a good choice if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit a lot of clients all over Lombardy. You can cruise as much as you like without incurring added charges. Read over your policy to see if there are any restrictions.
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot on your Lombardy adventure. It's important to:
- Walk around your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Lombardy car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Lombardy has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Lombardy.