Where is Portugal?
Portugal is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new adventures you can have once you climb into that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here are a few basics that everybody should know. Found on the continent of Europe, Portugal has loads to offer all kinds of travelers. No trip here would be complete without stopping by the country's capital, Lisbon District.
What are the major attractions in Portugal?
You might have trouble scoring a parking spot right in front of these iconic attractions, but trust us — they're certainly worth a little stroll. The best thing about heading to Portugal is crossing these off your bucket list:
- Portugal dos Pequenitos (1 mile from the center of Coimbra, Coimbra (district))
- Botanical Garden (0.3 miles from the center of Santa Maria Maior, Funchal)
- Madeira Stadium (1 mile from the center of Santa Maria Maior, Funchal)
What are the best road trip destinations in Portugal?
Portugal is an amazing place to take to the open roads and highways in your own set of wheels. Crank up your favorite playlist and enjoy the flexibility of checking out all the region's treasures scattered between each of its most popular destinations. Here are some of the most outstanding cities to visit in this incredible place:
- Lisbon District (population of 517,800)
- Porto (population of 249,600)
- Braga (population of 121,400)
- Setubal (population of 117,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Portugal?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following these tips:
- Compare as many different offers as possible (we make that job a piece of cake!);
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what terrific bargains will drive straight into your inbox;
- Research is the key to scoring the hottest rental deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- If you're not too bothered about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and you can be flexible with your travel schedule, have a play around to see which days and dates give you the best deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be the same (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be charged for an entire extra day;
- If you'd love to save a few dollars, pay as soon as you book and zoom off with some of the best rates around;
- Finally, yet importantly, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as you can to grab yourself the biggest savings!