Where is Michigan?
There's no finer way to soak up Michigan than from the driver's seat of your own rental car. Here are some basic details about Michigan to get your trip started. Michigan is a state of United States of America. You might like to kick things off in its capital city, Lansing. Approximately 114,300 people reside here.
What are the major attractions in Michigan?
So, you've packed the car and you're ready to hit the highway. Curious about what cool things there are to see in Michigan? We'll give you some hints. Follow the road signs until you end up at Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History. This fantastic attraction is 2 miles from the center of Detroit and is worth stopping the car for.
What are the best road trip destinations in Michigan?
With long stretches of highways and inviting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Michigan vacations into driving adventures. If you're putting together an amazing road trip, you'll need to know which cities to add to your to-do list. Explore some (or all) of this place's most outstanding cities:
- Detroit (population of 713,800)
- Grand Rapids (population of 188,000)
- Lansing (population of 114,300)
- Flint (population of 102,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Michigan?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips and tricks:
- Browse as many different deals as possible (we make that chore child's play!);
- Make sure you check your inbox for our Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you in the loop about all the best deals cruising around your location;
- Check the offers at all rental locations, including the airport and its surrounds. A brief cab ride to a close-by car rental outlet may result in some impressive savings;
- If your dates are flexible, try getting a better deal by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Try to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time as similar as possible. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you could be charged an entire extra day;
- Sometimes car rental companies offer big incentives to pay as soon as you book, so be sure to look out for these great offers;
- And lastly, lock in your booking as soon as you can to bag yourself a ton of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Michigan?
In search of something that won't cost an arm and a leg? Say hello to the economy car. This dependable small vehicle is the most popular category of rental car in Michigan (and just the thing if you're road tripping on a budget). Fuel up the tank for a song and you'll be easily zipping about cities like Detroit and Grand Rapids in no time.
Of course, you can't tour Michigan without seeing a few of its natural wonders. Head out on a road trip around forests and lakes from the comfort of something larger, like a full-size SUV. Pack up the troops and whatever else you need to take — these vehicles have ample space for your gear and wonderful legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Michigan?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to head off on an epic road trip around Michigan, a robust and stylish SUV could be a good choice. If you're hoping for the cheapest price possible and plan on staying mostly in the city, an economy car is a wise pick. All you have to do is work out what's going to be the best fit, throw your bags in the trunk, and rack up those miles.