What are the major attractions in Windsor?
If your trip to Windsor is all booked but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
You'll have to wake up early if you're planning to see all the fascinating sights that this place has to offer. GM Renaissance Center and Ford Field are non-negotiable. Fox Theatre and Comerica Park shouldn't be missed either.
Stop by Ontario Travel Information Centre - Windsor. It's one sight you'll find on many travelers' to-do lists. If you still have some room on your travel itinerary, Detroit Windsor Tunnel and Windsor Community Museum will keep you entertained, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Windsor?
We know you can't wait to take your new wheels for a spin. How about a day trip out to Sarnia? Just 59 miles away, roll down your windows and feel the breeze in your hair on the drive there. Stones 'N Bones Museum, University of Western Ontario Research Park - Sarnia-Lambton and Canatara Beach and Park alone justify the drive out here. The locals will also likely point you toward Chatham-Kent, 43 miles away. If you only see one thing here, make sure it's Chatham-Kent Museum. (But we'd also recommend Chatham-Kent John D. Bradley Convention Centre and St. Clair College Capitol Theatre.)
Where are the best convention centers near Windsor?
If you have some serious work-related business to see to in Windsor, there's a good chance you'll be spending loads of time in a major convention center. If that's the case, you might like to know some of the ones that have cafés and restaurants nearby:
- Cobo Center (1 mile away).
- Willistead Manor (1 mile away).
- Masonic Temple (2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Windsor?
We've compiled the best ways to help you save:
- Use our nifty filter feature to point you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what awesome bargains will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Peruse the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A quick cab journey to a neighboring car rental outlet may result in big savings;
- If your dates are not written in stone, try scoring a better price by changing the days in your search;
- So you don't end up paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Some rental companies reward you with discounts if you pay in advance, so be sure to keep an eye out for these great offers;
- Finally, lock in your wheels as soon as you can to score a truckload of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Windsor?
Windsor has lots on offer. You could vacation for a week or more in this place and hardly scratch the surface. If you want to experience as much as you can in this dynamic metropolis, a rental car is a must. Keep in mind that driving in the city usually goes hand in hand with tight streets and limited parking spots. Don't stress though, because a mini or compact car will make this a lot less daunting. If you're going to venture out of the city and cruise around the mountains that Windsor is famous for, you'll want something with more room. A full-size or mid-size SUV will get you around comfortably.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Windsor?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to renting a car in Windsor. From swish SUVs with loads of space for luggage to zippy little compacts that make parking a breeze, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match of course depends on your budget and what you intend to do. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need much more than a bargain, no-frills type model.