Car rentals in London: All you need to know
A London car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Ontario has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most popular questions about car rentals in London. Find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How do I get a bargain rental car in London?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best price. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your upcoming booking. Be sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the true cost before you rent
- Determine the vehicle you'll need for your trip. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in London.
What rental suppliers have retailers in London?
We have around 11 rental car suppliers to decide from in London. You'll find some of the best providers, like Dollar. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to London?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit London. If you're having difficulty deciding, make sure to look over our table below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in London?
Typically, to rent a car in London you must be at least 21. Please note, there might be an added fee if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category cars. Read through the terms to figure out what the exact charge is before you book your vehicle.
Does London require rental car insurance?
When driving around London or the rest of Canada, you'll need insurance. Almost every supplier needs proof of insurance before you pick up your car. The majority of countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through the rental car dealer for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.
The major credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will usually provide some coverage. But many of them have restrictions, such as not covering large vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to London.
What is the fuel policy for London rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually recommend that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in London?
Unlimited miles is a good choice if you plan to do a bit of sightseeing or visit several business associates all over London. You can cruise wherever you want without incurring added charges. Go over your policy to discover if there are mileage restrictions.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your London trip, check out a few items before you leave the car rental lot. You should:
- Walk around your car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your London car rental today
Know that you can count on a great ride that will result in more extra cash in the bank when you book with CarRentals.com. Cash in on cheap deals on your ideal London car rental when you book with CarRentals.com. We'll see you on the road.