Car rentals in Vancouver: All you need to know
A Vancouver car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of British Columbia has to offer. We've gathered your most popular questions about renting a car in Vancouver. Read on to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I get a great deal on a rental car in Vancouver?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best price. But, you can do a few things to keep your next booking affordable. You can:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Usually, the smaller the class the lower the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Vancouver.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Vancouver?
There are around 26 rental companies that you can choose from. We have budget-friendly names like Economy and Budget and global ones like Hertz and Sixt. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Vancouver?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this British Columbia city means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Vancouver?
Usually, the age limit for car rentals in Vancouver is 21. However, you may find that there is an added fee if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category cars. Go through the terms to discover what the exact price will be before you rent your car.
Does Vancouver require rental car insurance?
When driving in Vancouver or the rest of Canada, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through the rental car dealer for your trip, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental.
The major credit card issuers (Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard) will generally provide some coverage. But many of them have restrictions, such as not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Vancouver.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
What are some must-see sights in Vancouver?
There is tons to see and do in Vancouver. This city has around 18 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- Museum of Anthropology at UBC
- Spanish Banks Beach
- Vancouver Foodie Tours
Luckily, you'll be able to drive to whichever one you want or visit them all.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Vancouver vacation, check out a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Look over the car and make certain there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Vancouver car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Vancouver has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Vancouver.