Where is Bahamas?
Bahamas is waiting for you. There's no end to the new experiences you'll be able to have once you climb into the driver's seat of that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here's some basic info that everyone ought to know. Located on the continent of Caribbean, Bahamas has plenty to offer all kinds of travelers. No trip here could be considered complete without swinging by the country's capital, Nassau.
What are the major attractions in Bahamas?
You might have trouble scoring a parking spot right out the front of these popular attractions, but believe us — they're most definitely worth a short wander. The very best thing about a trip to Bahamas is striking these off your bucket list:
- Gold Rock Beach (22 miles from the center of East Grand Bahama, Bahamas)
- Stingray City (0.1 miles from the center of Salt Cay, Bahamas)
- Cabbage Beach (2 miles from the center of Nassau (and vicinity), Bahamas)
What are the best road trip destinations in Bahamas?
Boasting miles and miles of well-kept highways and inviting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Bahamas vacations into driving adventures. If you're putting together an amazing road trip, you'll want to know which destinations to add to your itinerary. Here are some of the most well-known cities to visit in this beautiful place:
- Nassau (population of 227,900)
- Freeport (population of 26,900)
- George Town (population of 7,300)
- Marsh Harbour (population of 5,300)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Bahamas?
Here you'll find our top tips if you're looking to bag the best price on a car rental:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the leading rental companies in just a few clicks;
- By submitting only your email address (and not your full personal details, life story and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all of the best offers for your chosen location;
- Look at the offers at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A short cab ride to a close-by car rental outlet might result in significant savings;
- You can sometimes save a bundle if your plans are flexible. Compare different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- Nobody likes being whacked with a late fee. Avoid paying for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some places reward you big time for paying upfront — keep your eyes peeled for these penny-pinching deals;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and drive away with your dream ride.