What are the major attractions in Boston?
If your trip to Boston is all locked in but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, let us give you a helping hand.
Your pals back home will be positively green-eyed with envy when you share with them all the great pictures of you at Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Boston Common. And after you've finished telling them about the amazing experiences you had at TD Garden and Boston Public Garden, they'll already be halfway out the door wanting to book their own vacation to Boston!
You'll have to jump out of bed early if you're planning to check out all the interesting sights this place has to offer. Boston City Hall and Massachusetts State House are non-negotiable. Orpheum Theater and Boston Opera House shouldn't be missed either.
Stop by Sears Crescent. It's one attraction you'll usually find on many visitors' to-do lists. If you still have room on your itinerary, Center Plaza and Boston City Hall Plaza will keep you amused, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Boston?
If you've checked off all the main attractions in Boston, don't be in a rush to hang up your comfy sightseeing shoes just yet. You'll find some landmark attractions a little further out. Plymouth is 34 miles away and home to Plymouth Rock. Fill up the gas tank, because it's well worth paying a visit.
Where are the best beaches near Boston?
There's nothing quite like winding down the car window and feeling the salty sea air in your hair while you're cruising by the sea. Bring along some snacks and spend a day enjoying the sun at one of the beautiful beaches near Boston. Popular options include:
- Revere Beach (6 miles away).
- Wayland Town Beach (16 miles away).
- Plum Cove (19 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Boston?
If you have some important work-related business to see to in Boston, there's a high chance you'll be spending loads of time in a major convention center. If that's the case, you might like to know about some of the ones that have hotels, cafés and restaurants nearby:
- TD Garden (0.4 miles away).
- Hancock Conference Center (1 mile away).
- Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (1 mile away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Boston?
Here's a rundown of all the tricks of the trade to help you keep more money in your wallet:
- Our hard-working filter feature will be your new bestie. Size up the biggest discounts from all of the top car rental companies quickly and easily;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what fantastic deals will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, alter your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be the same (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- If you're in the mood to save a pretty penny, pay right away and zoom off with some of the cheapest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Boston?
If you've never visited Boston, you're in for an incredible time. With landmarks like Harvard Square and Hynes Convention Center, you'll ask yourself why you didn't organize your break sooner. But like all major cities, driving can be a little daunting — so why not go for a compact car? Parking is a cinch and handling is about as effortless as it gets. However, if you want to stay away from the center and explore the more remote rolling hills in Middlesex County, you'll be glad you chose a four-wheel drive or an SUV.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Boston?
For some of us, owning a high-end vehicle is a little (or a lot!) out of reach. But renting the car of your dreams is as easy as a few clicks! Experience the thrill of tearing down the open road in a swanky sports car, even if it's only for a day or two. Or perhaps all you want is a set of wheels to bring you safely from point A to point B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit you in Boston.