Car rentals in Las Vegas: All you need to know
With cheap car rentals in Las Vegas, Lady Luck herself is sure to be on your side. Whether you’re traveling for business and can’t wait to indulge in a little rest and relaxation, or you’re planning a weekend getaway with friends to enjoy the city’s world-famous nightlife, there’s no shortage of things to do. To get the most out of your next trip, book a Las Vegas car rental so you can get where you need to go.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Las Vegas?
To secure the best deal on a car rental, be sure to:
- Compare prices;
- Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs, since they tend to cost more;
- Know roughly how much fuel/mileage you’ll need from your rental;
- Search and book in advance!
Which car rental companies are situated in Las Vegas?
As well as the big companies like Sixt, Hertz, and Avis, you’ll see a lot of smaller regional suppliers in LA. Make sure you check their reviews when browsing deals.
What kind of car should I get in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Perhaps you want to rent a luxury car to drive down the Strip in style? Or, if you have your children with you, you might consider an SUV to give yourselves plenty of room to relax. Are you traveling for business? Then secure a compact car to lock down your luggage and deliver you to your meetings on time.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Las Vegas?
You must be 21 years old to rent a car. If you’re under 25, a surcharge may apply.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Las Vegas?
Yes. Check ahead to see if your car or credit card insurance covers car rental. As a US citizen, you can always purchase insurance at the CarRentals.com checkout or directly from the rental company when you make your reservation.
What fuel policy is available in Las Vegas?
Most companies offer a full-to-full fuel policy. Remember to fill up the tank before you return the car, to avoid additional fees.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in Las Vegas, Nevada?
It might be a good idea to opt for unlimited mileage, depending on what you want to do during your stay. While you might make a saving on the initial purchase with limited mileage, it could work out costing you more to pay for any extra miles if you end up driving far.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Las Vegas?
Yes, though additional fees may apply for this. Check with the rental company to establish costs.
3 sights that you cannot miss in Las Vegas
The City of Lights is one of the United States’ most beloved cities. While you probably know this Nevada city as being home to a plethora of casinos, there are many attractions that don’t require you to tempt fate:
- Kids and adults love shows like the Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil, where they can watch acrobats and contortionists wow audiences at every performance.
- For something out of the ordinary, go to the Mob Museum, which is less than a mile away from the downtown area. A tour of this museum will give you a good background on the gangsters who at one time ran the city.
- The best free attraction in Vegas is undoubtedly the magical fountain display at the Bellagio Resort. From the sidewalk, onlookers have a ringside view of this spectacular performance of water, music, and lights.
3 great road trips from Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas might be in the middle of the desert, but hop in your car hit the road to take a break from the hotels and casinos and experience these fascinating attractions:
- Hoover Dam is only a 40-minute drive from Vegas and an absolute must-see. You can drive there to take in the view or go for a full tour if you want to learn more.
- Death Valley National Park is less than 2.5 hours from Vegas by car. A great place to visit between October and April, when the heat is less intense than during the summer months, it won’t disappoint you with the sunrise views it has to offer.
- If you have a couple of days, why not drive over to the Grand Canyon and tick seeing the spectacular scenery of one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World off your bucket list?
What is parking like in Las Vegas?
Many hotels and attractions offer free self-parking in Vegas. If you find street parking, read the signs to check if there is a cost and if there are time restrictions there, to avoid being towed or issued a parking ticket.
No matter where your travels take you, Las Vegas car rentals from CarRentals.com will help you explore Sin City and its surrounding areas. We’ll make sure you have the car rental that works for your needs at the lowest price. Reserve yours at CarRentals.com today, and start searching for the perfect pair of stretchy pants to wear to the buffet.