What are the major attractions in San Diego County?
You might need to ask your boss for a few more days off, because San Diego County is simply bursting with famous sights and landmarks. Make a start at the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld. You'd also be bonkers not to check out the Balboa Park and the San Diego Convention Center.
Discover the best that this place has to offer by adding Coronado Beach and the USS Midway Museum to your schedule. If you've got an extra day up your sleeve, check out Point Loma Lighthouse and Ocean Beach Park too.
Not too far from the city center, the Maritime Museum of San Diego is one sight you might like to add to your must-see list. If you've still got space on that travel schedule, the Navy Pier and Centennial Park will keep you busy, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near San Diego County?
You don't have to spend all your time in San Diego County, especially when world-famous landmarks are just a day trip away. About 25 miles away in Encinitas, Legoland California lures the masses all year round. Why not plan a visit and see what all the fuss is about?
Where are the best beaches near San Diego County?
No matter the weather forecast, you'll be able to visit some of the awesome beaches near San Diego County from behind the wheel of your rental car. When you get near the ocean, keep your eyes open for seagulls flying over these glorious stretches of coastline:
- Coronado Beach (2 miles away).
- Coronado Municipal Beach (4 miles away).
- Dog Beach (6 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near San Diego County?
Mingling and networking with lots of different people can be draining. So if you're traveling to San Diego County on a business-related trip, you'll be glad to hear that there are some excellent places to relax and unwind near these top convention centers:
- San Diego Convention Center (.4 miles away).
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion (1 mile away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in San Diego County?
Avoid paying through the nose for a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Our handy filter feature will be your new best buddy. Sift through the hottest deals, from all of the top rental car companies, quickly and easily;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert email service and be in the know when prices fall for your destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the hottest rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If you're not too fussed about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and you've got a bit of flexibility with your travel schedule, have a play around to see which days and dates will give you the hottest deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be the same (e.g, both 1 a.m.) or you might be charged for a whole extra day;
- Some places reward you for prepaying — keep your eyes peeled for these penny-pinching offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and drive away with your dream ride.