Where is North Carolina?
There's plenty to be explored in North Carolina, and there's nothing like jumping headfirst into your adventure with a rental car. Here's some basic info to get you started. North Carolina is a state of United States of America. You might like to kick things off in its capital city, Raleigh. Approximately 403,900 people call this place home.
What are the major attractions in North Carolina?
You might have trouble scoring a parking space right in front of these iconic attractions, but believe us — they're definitely worth a little stroll. The best thing about a journey to North Carolina is crossing these off your bucket list:
- Caraway Speedway (50 miles from the center of North Carolina, United States of America)
- North Carolina Zoo (4 miles from the center of Asheboro, North Carolina)
- Sunset Theater (4 miles from the center of Asheboro, North Carolina)
What are the best road trip destinations in North Carolina?
Adventure awaits around every twist and turn of this wonderful region. North Carolina is one of those places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its beautiful destinations. With your own rental vehicle, you can spend as little or as long as you like discovering every square inch of it. Get to know some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Charlotte (population of 731,400)
- Raleigh (population of 403,900)
- Greensboro (population of 269,700)
- Fayetteville (population of 200,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in North Carolina?
Below we've listed our best tips and tricks to help you save more money:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the leading rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- By entering only your email address (and not your driver's license, life history and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best prices for your desired location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're scoring the hottest deal in town;
- If you've got a bit of wriggle room timing-wise, change your dates slightly to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your rental;
- It's best to secure your booking as soon as your dates are locked in. The early bird gets the worm!