What are the major attractions in Seoul?
If your trip to Seoul is all booked but your itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a helping hand.
Your buddies back home will definitely be green with envy when you share with them all the great photos of you at Gyeongbok Palace and Dongdaemun Market. And after you've finished telling them all your amazing stories about National Museum of Korea and COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, they'll be rushing to book their own trip to Seoul!
You'll have to rise with the sun if you're hoping to see all the fascinating sights that this place has to offer. Deoksugung Palace and Jogyesa Temple are non-negotiable. Sungnyemun Gate and N Seoul Tower shouldn't be forgotten either.
Close to the city center, Lotte Department Store is one spot to consider putting on your to-do list. If you still have some room on your travel schedule, T.um SK Telecom Technology Museum and Myeongdong Street will keep you busy, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Seoul?
If you have a bit of extra time and you're happy to travel 31 miles, check out Yangpyeong. This lively place offers up a world of things to see and do. Yongmunjang Market, Seolmaejae Natural Recreation Forest and Yongmunsan alone justify the drive. Situated 40 miles away, Yeoju is another place to aim for. If you visit, don't miss Bandal Art Museum, Yeongneung/Nyeongneung and Birthplace of Empress Myeongseong.
Where are the best convention centers near Seoul?
If you have some important work-related business to attend to in Seoul, chances are you'll be spending plenty of time at a convention center. If that's the case, you might want to hear about the ones that have hotels, cafés and restaurants nearby:
- COEX Convention and Exhibition Center (6 miles away).
- SMTOWN coexartium (6 miles away).
- KINTEX Exhibition Hall 2 (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Seoul?
Here are our suggestions on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your pocket:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from all the top rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what fantastic deals will drive straight into your inbox;
- Before you pick up your keys and jump behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting the cheapest deal around;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, modify your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- See if you can keep your pickup time and your drop-off time as similar as possible. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you might have to pay for a full extra day;
- If you're in the mood to keep some extra cash in your pocket, prepay for your rental and drive away with some of the thriftiest rates around;
- It's best to book as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. You'll have the largest range to choose from the earlier you book.
What kind of rental car should I get for Seoul?
On your way to Seoul to finally see Gyeongbok Palace and National Museum of Korea? Now that's an unforgettable road trip! But you may want to give a bit of thought to exactly how you'll get around. Driving in this heaving metropolis can be a nerve-wracking experience, so choose something small, like a compact car. You'll be weaving through traffic and snapping up parks like a pro. If you'd rather leave the driving for outside the city center, that's fine with us too. Lock in something a little bigger and more comfortable, like a four-wheel drive, and discover the beaches of Gyeonggi.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Seoul?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to rental cars in Seoul. From spacious SUVs with plenty of trunk space to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what activities you've got planned. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need much more than an engine and four wheels. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?