Where is South Korea?
Driving in a new country is unnerving for some travelers, but there's no need to stress. Get up to date on the following info and you'll be cruising your rental car down the highways of South Korea in no time. South Korea is situated on the continent of Asia, a land mass that never fails to inspire and amaze. Its capital is Seoul. Home to some of the country's most well-renowned attractions, it's the perfect introduction to what this place is about.
What are the major attractions in South Korea?
You might find it tricky scoring a parking spot right in front of these popular attractions, but believe us — they're most definitely worth a little walk. The very best thing about heading to South Korea is finally crossing these off your bucket list:
- Korea University (3 miles from the center of Seoul (and vicinity), Gyeonggi)
- Namsan Park (1 mile from the center of Seoul (and vicinity), Gyeonggi)
- Seoul Olympic Stadium (6 miles from the center of Seoul (and vicinity), Gyeonggi)
What are the best road trip destinations in South Korea?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this magnificent country. South Korea is one of those places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its stunning destinations. With your own rental vehicle, you can take as little or as long as you like exploring every square inch of it. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Seoul (population of 10,349,300)
- Incheon (population of 2,628,000)
- Daegu (population of 2,566,500)
- Daejeon (population of 1,475,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in South Korea?
Here's our top tips on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your pocket:
- Compare as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that task as easy as pie!);
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email and immediately discover when prices fall for your destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're getting your hands on the best deal in town;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, modify your dates slightly to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be charged for a full extra day;
- Sometimes companies reward you big time for paying upfront — watch out for these great deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.