What are the major attractions in Kuala Lumpur?
If your trip to Kuala Lumpur is all booked but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a helping hand.
Your buddies back home will be green-eyed with envy when they see all the spectacular shots of you at Petronas Twin Towers and Petaling Street. And after they've finished hearing about all the epic experiences you had while at Merdeka Square and Malaysian Houses of Parliament, they'll be rushing to book their own vacation to Kuala Lumpur!
You'll have to rise with the sun if you want to see all the interesting sights that this place has to offer. Pavilion Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur Tower are must-sees. Suria KLCC Shopping Centre and Jamek Mosque shouldn't be forgotten either.
Not far from the heart of the city, Lot 10 Shopping Centre is one sight to consider adding to your must-see list. If you still have some room on that travel itinerary, Bukit Bintang Plaza and Farenheit 88 will keep you busy, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Kuala Lumpur?
If you're looking for day-trip ideas, Genting Highlands, 19 miles away, is a great place to start. There's loads to keep you busy in the area, such as Genting Highlands Theme Park. Another wonderful stop is Sepang, around 25 miles from Kuala Lumpur. If you head here, you'll have easy access to Sepang International Circuit.
Where are the best convention centers near Kuala Lumpur?
After spending lots of time mixing with like-minded people, it's always good to know you can lay your head somewhere nearby. If you're visiting Kuala Lumpur for work-related reasons, here are some of the top convention centers that are close to hotels, cafés and restaurants:
- Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (0.6 miles away).
- Petronas Philharmonic Hall (1 mile away).
- Putra World Trade Centre (2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Kuala Lumpur?
Avoid paying an arm and a leg for a rental car by following these tips:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in a couple of clicks;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the best deals for your chosen location;
- Broaden your search to include both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to be sure you're bagging the best possible price around;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in stone, try scoring a better price by switching up the days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your pocket. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Finally, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as possible to grab a mountain of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Kuala Lumpur?
Venturing to Kuala Lumpur to marvel at Batu Caves and Shah Alam Blue Mosque? Now that's what you call a road trip of a lifetime! But you'll want to give a bit of thought to how you'll get about. Driving in this heaving metropolis can be tricky, so it makes sense to pick something small, like a compact car. You'll be zipping through traffic and snapping up car spaces like a local. If you'd rather leave the driving for outside the city, that's fine with us too. Rent something more comfortable and a little bigger, like an SUV, and explore the mountains of Selangor.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Kuala Lumpur?
You'll be happy to hear that there's an impressive variety of both luxury and economy rental vehicles in Kuala Lumpur. What you end up opting for is largely dependent on what you're willing to spend as well as what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about comfort and class. If you want to indulge yourself, why not book a high-end SUV, or perhaps a slick mid-sized sedan? On the other hand, if you're just after a set of wheels to whiz around town in as cheaply as possible, we can help you out with a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).