Where is Massachusetts?
The clock is ticking. Don't waste precious vacation hours waiting for cabs. Book a rental car and relish in the freedom of having your own ride. Before you hit the highway, here are some key details about Massachusetts. Massachusetts is a state of United States of America. Its capital city, Boston, is home to roughly 617,600 people. Chat with some locals and discover more about the exciting things to do here.
What are the major attractions in Massachusetts?
You might have issues getting a parking space right out the front of these iconic attractions, but trust us — they're most definitely worth a short stroll. The greatest thing about going to Massachusetts is crossing these off your bucket list:
- Hynes Convention Center (1 mile from the center of Boston)
- Mayflower II (0.2 miles from the center of Plymouth)
- Pilgrim Monument (0.1 miles from the center of Provincetown)
What are the best road trip destinations in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts is the perfect place to cruise the highways and back streets behind the wheel of your own rental car. Turn up the tunes and enjoy the convenience of discovering all the region's treasures scattered between each of its best tourist destinations. Explore some (or all) of this place's most outstanding cities:
- Boston (population of 617,600)
- Worcester (population of 181,000)
- Springfield (population of 153,100)
- Lowell (population of 106,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Massachusetts?
We've compiled our top tips and tricks to help you save on a rental car:
- Compare as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that task completely painless!);
- Keep checking your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the amazing bargains cruising around your location;
- Before you get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're bagging the best deal in town;
- You can sometimes save yourself some dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for a full extra day;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your bank account. You'll get some of the best deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- Make your booking as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. The early bird gets the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in Massachusetts?
Sometimes it's better to think small, particularly if you'll be maneuvering the busy streets of Boston and Worcester. Economy rental cars are the top choice for travelers in Massachusetts — and there's a good deal to love about them. Easily zoom around town, experience great gas mileage, and most importantly, save on rental rates. These economical little dynamos prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
Don't restrict your adventuring to the urban centers. Massachusetts is home to some sensational scenery, such as rolling hills, bays, and sandy shores. A car like a convertible will help you travel around them in style. These rentals are ideal for those who want to soak up the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't love the sensation of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Massachusetts?
You'll be glad to know that there's an impressive variety of both economy and high-end rental vehicles in Massachusetts. What you go for will depend on your budget as well as what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about mod cons and comfort. If you want to indulge yourself, why not pick up an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a cushy medium-sized vehicle? On the other hand, if you just need a car to zip around town in as efficiently as possible, you're better off choosing a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).