What are the major attractions in Salem?
If your trip to Salem is all booked but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Not far from the city center, Pickering House is one sight to consider adding to your to-do list. Gedney House and Hamilton Hall are also a stone's throw away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Salem?
Visit Salem for its unique style and character. That being said, you also have big-name landmarks just down the road! Plymouth Rock hardly needs an introduction. Located about 40 miles away in Plymouth, your travel itinerary should include this unmissable attraction.
Where are the best beaches near Salem?
Salem boasts some breathtaking stretches of coastline, and what better way to experience them than from behind the wheel of your very own rental car. See what fascinating shells and treasures you can find strewn along the water's edge at one of these popular beaches:
- Plum Cove (4 miles away).
- Revere Beach (7 miles away).
- Singing Beach (8 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Salem?
After spending hours mixing with like-minded individuals, it's always good to be able to relax and unwind somewhere nearby. If you're traveling to Salem primarily for business, here are some of the top convention centers that are close to hotels and cafés:
- TD Garden (12 miles away).
- Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (12 miles away).
- Hancock Conference Center (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Salem?
Here are our suggestions on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your wallet:
- Check out as many different deals as you can (we make that job child's play!);
- Make sure you check your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the great deals cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your keys and jump behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're getting the best deal around;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be around the same time (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for another full day;
- If you're in the mood to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and drive away with some of the cheapest rates around;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to score some excellent savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Salem?
With your very own set of wheels, Salem is all yours to explore. People journey to this captivating city for loads of reasons, and here at CarRentals.com we have the perfect car for each of them. The biggest priority for large families is space. Depending on the size of the family, that could mean anything from a full-size car to an SUV. Travelers on a budget usually prefer the affordability and great mileage of our smaller cars, such as an economy or a mini. If you're in the mood to make an impression in Salem, check out our special category for a ride that'll make any car fan go weak at the knees.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Salem?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in Salem. From SUVs with space to spare to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on your budget and what activities you plan on doing. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others require no more than four wheels and a gas pedal. The choice is yours.