Where is Uruguay?
There's no better way to experience a new country than from the driver's seat of your very own rental car. You'll have plenty of confidence hitting the road in Uruguay after you bring yourself up to date on a few basics. Uruguay is among the fascinating countries that make up South America. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Montevideo, will appear. If you want to experience this country's beating pulse, a visit here is highly recommended.
What are the best road trip destinations in Uruguay?
Uruguay is a wonderful place to take to the highways behind the wheel of your own rental car. Crank up your favorite playlist and enjoy the flexibility of exploring all the region's treasures dotted between each of its most famous travel destinations. Discover some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Montevideo (population of 1,270,700)
- Salto (population of 99,800)
- Paysandu (population of 73,200)
- Las Piedras (population of 69,700)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Uruguay?
Here are our top recommendations if you're looking to grab the best deal on a car rental:
- Use our clever filter tool to point you toward the cheapest car rental rates around — then compare the prices;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert email and be informed immediately when prices fall for your desired location;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're receiving the absolute best price around;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best deal;
- So you don't end up paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll score some of the best deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the best deals! Book now to score some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Uruguay?
Who needs all the bells and whistles? Economy cars are the most popular type of rental car for visitors to Uruguay, and for loads of good reasons. You'll have excellent fuel economy as you navigate the streets of Montevideo and Salto in this small vehicle. They're dependable, a cinch to park, and above all, easy on your bank balance.
Don't restrict yourself to the big cities. Uruguay has some dazzling scenery, such as rivers, beaches, and sandy shores. A ride like a convertible will help you see them in style. These rentals are ideal for those wanting to drink in the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't adore the sensation of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Uruguay?
You'll be happy to hear that there's a wide variety of luxurious rentals in Uruguay. What you end up going for will depend on what you're willing to spend and the activities you've got planned. Prestige vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about comfort and class. If you're splashing out, why not pick up a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps an upmarket mid-sized sedan? Otherwise, if you're just after a set of wheels to get you from A to B as cheaply as possible, you're better off going with an economy compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your wallet).