Where is Uruguay?
Driving in a new and unfamiliar country is a daunting experience for some travelers, but you don't have to stress. Get up to date on the following facts and you'll be guiding your rental car down the highways of Uruguay in no time at all. You'll find Uruguay on the continent of South America. Zoom into the map and the capital, Montevideo, will jump out at you. If you'd like to get an insight into how this country is run, a visit here is highly recommended.
What are the best road trip destinations in Uruguay?
Being in control of when and where you travel is one of the biggest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Take charge of your adventure around Uruguay and enjoy the freedom of discovering all its best destinations at your own pace. Experience some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Montevideo (population of 1,270,700)
- Salto (population of 99,800)
- Paysandu (population of 73,200)
- Las Piedras (population of 69,700)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Uruguay?
We've pulled together a list of all the tricks of the trade to help you save:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the leading rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know all about all the best deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Check the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its vicinity. A brief cab ride to a nearby rental car office might mean some impressive savings;
- You can sometimes save a few dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for an entire extra day;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for prepaying — keep an eye open for these kinds of offers;
- Make your booking as soon as your vacation dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.