Where is Montenegro?
Driving in a foreign country is a daunting experience for some travelers, but there's no need to stress. Get up to date on the following facts and you'll be guiding your rental car through Montenegro before you know it. You'll find Montenegro on the continent of Europe. Zoom into the map and the capital, Podgorica, will come into view. If you want to get an insight into how this country is run, a visit here is highly recommended.
What are the major attractions in Montenegro?
So, the trunk's all packed and you're ready to hit the open road. Curious about what things to see when you arrive in Montenegro? We'll give you some tips. Follow the road signs until you reach Delta City. This remarkable attraction is 2 miles from the center of Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality and is well worth stopping the car for.
What are the best road trip destinations in Montenegro?
Montenegro is a wonderful place to take to the highways and back streets in your own rental vehicle. Crank up the tunes and enjoy the freedom and independence of stopping off at all the hidden gems dotted between each of its most celebrated tourist destinations. Here are some of the most well-known regions to visit in this magnificent place:
- Podgorica (population of 136,500)
- Niksic (population of 58,200)
- Pljevlja (population of 19,500)
- Budva (population of 18,000)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Montenegro?
Here are our suggestions on how to hit the road with some extra cash in your pocket:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the leading rental companies in a couple of clicks;
- By entering only your email address (and not your phone number, life story and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be informed of all the unbeatable prices for your selected destination;
- Research is the key to getting the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not written in stone, try scoring a lower price by changing the days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be the same (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you could be asked to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Sometimes rental companies offer big incentives to pay in advance, so make sure you watch out for these penny-pinching deals;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your dates are confirmed. You'll get the biggest selection early on.