Where is Peru?
There's no finer way to fully experience a new country than from behind the wheel of a rental car. You won't have any trouble hitting the road in Peru after getting up to date on a few basics. Just one of the countries located in South America, Peru has loads to offer everyone. No trip here would be complete without swinging by the national capital, Lima.
What are the major attractions in Peru?
It's time to take off on your road trip around Peru. If you're eager to discover some of its biggest and best sights, we can point you in the right direction. Your first pit stop should be Sillustani, 12 miles from the city of Lake Titicaca - Puno. Not just any old attraction, this iconic place captivates countless adventurers every year.
What are the best road trip destinations in Peru?
Being in control of when and where you travel is one of the biggest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Take the reins on your journey around Peru and revel in the freedom of exploring its top destinations at your own pace. Try to visit as many of this place's top destinations as possible:
- Lima (population of 7,737,000)
- Arequipa (population of 841,100)
- Trujillo (population of 747,500)
- Chiclayo (population of 577,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Peru?
Here are some of our top recommendations if you want to grab the best price on a car rental:
- Use our amazing filter feature to help steer you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what great deals will whiz into your inbox;
- Check the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A brief cab trip to a nearby car rental office could mean significant savings;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are flexible, try scoring a lower price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Nobody enjoys being charged a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some car rental companies offer big incentives to pay in advance, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled for these great offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and lock in your dream set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Peru?
Sometimes it's good to think small, particularly if you'll be cruising around the buzzing streets of Lima and Arequipa. Economy rental cars are the top pick for travelers in Peru — and there's a whole lot to love about them. Zoom around town easily, enjoy fantastic gas mileage, and most importantly, save money on rental fees. These thrifty small vehicles prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
From sandy shores to oases and mountains, Peru offers some spectacular scenery. Why not venture out and discover a handful of them? Leave the city behind and plan some fun day trips. An SUV is ideal for those longer rides. Designed to manage all sorts of terrain, these bigger vehicles make it a pleasure to detour off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Peru?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to rental cars in Peru. From sporty models with all the mod cons to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what activities you plan on doing. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. What type of car will it be this time?