Where is Guatemala?
Guatemala is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new experiences you'll be able to have once you climb behind the wheel of that rental car. To get as much as possible out of your trip, here's some basic info that everyone ought to know. You'll discover Guatemala on the continent of Mexico and Central America. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Guatemala City, will jump out at you. If you're hoping to get an insight into how this country is run, a stop here is a terrific idea.
What are the best road trip destinations in Guatemala?
Boasting miles and miles of well-maintained highways and tempting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Guatemala vacations into driving adventures. If you're planning the road trip of a lifetime, you'll need to know which cities to put on your itinerary. Try to cross off as many of this place's leading destinations as you can:
- Guatemala City (population of 994,900)
- Mixco (population of 473,100)
- Petapa (population of 141,500)
- Quetzaltenango (population of 132,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Guatemala?
Avoid paying through the nose for a rental car by following our top tips:
- A car can take you anywhere — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what great deals will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental deals in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and you've got a bit of flexibility with your vacation schedule, have a play around to see which days and dates will give you the best rates;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for a full extra day;
- If you're hoping to save a few dollars, prepay for your rental and zoom off with some of the best rates around;
- And finally, lock in your wheels as soon as you possibly can to grab a truckload of savings!