Where is Guatemala?
Guatemala is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new experiences you'll be able to have once you hop behind the wheel of that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here's a bit of basic info that everyone ought to know. Guatemala is just one of the countries located in Mexico and Central America, a stretch of land that never fails to surprise and delight. Its capital is Guatemala City. Home to some of the country's most popular attractions, it's a wonderful introduction to what this place is all about.
What are the best road trip destinations in Guatemala?
Guatemala is a wonderful place to hit the open road in your own rental vehicle. Turn up the tunes and enjoy the freedom of stopping off at all the region's treasures scattered between each of its most famous tourist destinations. Try to cross off as many of this place's leading destinations as possible:
- Guatemala City (population of 994,900)
- Mixco (population of 473,100)
- Quetzaltenango (population of 132,200)
- Escuintla (population of 103,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Guatemala?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from all the top rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the best deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're getting the cheapest deal around;
- If your dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a lower price by modifying the days in your search;
- No one enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Sometimes car rental outlets reward you with discounts if you pay in advance, so make sure you keep a lookout for these great deals;
- Book as soon as your vacation dates are locked in. The early bird catches the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in Guatemala?
Bigger doesn't always mean better, and that's especially true when it comes to your wheels. In Guatemala, compact cars are the most commonly booked rental vehicle for a good reason. Impressive gas mileage, zippier handling, and easier parking are just the start! If you're planning to cruise through Guatemala City or Mixco, consider something chic and compact.
Don't restrict your adventuring to those busy cities. Guatemala boasts some unmissable scenery, such as gorges, canyons, and rivers. A ride like a convertible will help you see them in style. These rentals are perfect for visitors eager to enjoy the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't adore the sensation of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Guatemala?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to rental cars in Guatemala. From luxury models to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on how much you want to spend and what activities you plan on doing. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than four wheels and a gas pedal.