Where is British Columbia?
The clock is ticking. Don't waste precious time waiting for public transportation. Secure a rental car and bask in the freedom of having your own set of wheels. Before you hit the wide open road, here are some basic facts about British Columbia. You can't truly say that you've explored the whole of Canada without checking out the state of British Columbia. While you're here, don't forget to make a stop at its capital, Victoria. This lively destination is home to roughly 289,600 people.
What are the major attractions in British Columbia?
If you're ready to begin your journey through British Columbia and pondering what to stick on your must-see list, listen up. We've got some tips and hints on places you just can't drive past. Pile into the car and drive toward Granville Island Public Market. You'll find this highlight 1 mile from the notable city of Vancouver. Create the perfect driving playlist and check out Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort as well. After you've cranked up the music, you'll find it 0.1 miles from another prominent city, Whistler.
What are the best road trip destinations in British Columbia?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this wonderful area. British Columbia is one of those special places where the journey is just as exciting as each of its beautiful destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can take as little or as long as your heart desires discovering all there is to see. Discover some (or all) of this place's most renowned cities:
- Vancouver (population of 600,000)
- Victoria (population of 289,600)
- Kelowna (population of 125,100)
- Nanaimo (population of 84,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in British Columbia?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips:
- Check out as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that task a breeze!);
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you in the know about all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Weigh up the deals at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A brief cab ride to a close-by rental car office could mean substantial savings;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a lower price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- So you don't end up paying for an extra day or a late fee, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some companies reward you for prepaying — keep an eye out for these penny-pinching deals;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are confirmed. The early bird catches the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in British Columbia?
Thinking of road tripping through British Columbia? Pick up the keys to a compact car. Easier to park, great gas mileage, and better handling are only a few reasons they're the number one choice in rental cars here. When you ride down the streets of Vancouver and Victoria, a compact car will take the stress out of your trip.
It's always great to get out of the city for a while, and if you do, you'll be richly rewarded. With mountains, streams, and rolling hills to see, British Columbia offers endless day trip opportunities. A bigger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you and the family more room and comfort for those long, leisurely drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in British Columbia?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes finding the right car important. If you're planning an unforgettable road trip around British Columbia, a robust and stylish SUV could be the perfect solution. If you're hoping for the cheapest price possible and plan on staying mostly in the city, a versatile compact is a wise pick. All you have to do is choose what will suit you best, pack up the car, and rack up those miles.