Where is Connecticut?
There's plenty to be explored in Connecticut, and there's nothing like diving straight into your adventure with a rental car. Here's some basic info to get you started. Connecticut is a state of United States of America. You might like to start things in its capital city, Hartford. Around 124,800 people live here.
What are the major attractions in Connecticut?
Connecticut is home to lots of awesome attractions, and you'll be able to see more of them with your own rental car. Here are some sights you shouldn't miss: Trinity College (1 mile from the center of Hartford) Yale Bowl (2 miles from the center of New Haven) Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea (0.6 miles from the center of Mystic - New London)
What are the best road trip destinations in Connecticut?
Adventure is waiting for you around every twist and turn of this magnificent area. Connecticut is one of those places where the journey is just as exciting as every one of its impressive destinations. With your own rental car, you can spend as long or as little as your heart desires exploring every one of its hidden treasures. Try to check off as many of this place's most outstanding destinations as you can:
- New Haven (population of 129,800)
- Hartford (population of 124,800)
- Stamford (population of 122,600)
- Danbury (population of 80,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Connecticut?
Below we've listed the best ways to help you save more money:
- Use our nifty filter feature to help point you toward the cheapest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all of the best bargains for your desired destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and get behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're scoring the cheapest deal in town;
- If you have room to move in your schedule, adjust your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- To avoid paying late fees or for a whole extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Sometimes car rental outlets reward you with discounts if you pay right away, so watch out for these great deals;
- Last of all, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as possible to score a truckload of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Connecticut?
Sometimes it's good to think small, particularly if you'll be navigating the city streets of Bridgeport and New Haven. Economy rental cars are the top choice for those visiting Connecticut — and there's a whole lot to love about them. Easily zip around town, enjoy superb gas mileage, and most importantly, save cash on rental fees. These affordable vehicles prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
Don't restrict yourself to those urban centers. Connecticut has some dazzling scenery, such as rolling hills, coastal plains, and sandy shores. A ride like a convertible will help you discover them in style. These vehicles are ideal for visitors who'd rather marvel at the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Connecticut?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice important. If you're planning an unforgettable road trip around Connecticut, a safe and sturdy SUV could be the perfect solution. If you're hoping for the best possible price and plan on staying mostly in the city, a versatile compact is a smart pick. All you need to do is decide what'll suit you best, throw your bags in the trunk, and clock up those miles.