What are the major attractions in Norwalk?
If your trip to Norwalk is all organized but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Close to the center, Stepping Stones Museum for Children is one sight you might like to consider adding to your to-do list. Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum and Lockwood-Mathews Mansion are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Norwalk?
If you're looking for an interesting pit stop, point your wheels in the direction of Hartford. It's home to superb attractions like Bushnell Park and Mark Twain House. To get there, travel 59 miles from Norwalk. Nothing says living it up like a road trip does, so keep on driving to New Haven. It's 28 miles away and also offers a few attractive sights, such as Yale University and Yale Bowl.
Where are the best beaches near Norwalk?
Nothing says vacation like hopping in the car, blasting some tunes and cruising to the seaside. Norwalk has some fantastic beaches nearby, so bring along a good book (and a kite if it's breezy) and head to one of these popular options:
- Compo Beach (3 miles away).
- Burying Hill Beach (5 miles away).
- Jennings Beach (9 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Norwalk?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our top tips and tricks:
- Check out as many different cheap car rental companies as possible (we make that chore a walk in the park!);
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what awesome bargains will whiz into your inbox;
- Research is the key to getting the best rental deals in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- You can sometimes save a bundle if your plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you could be charged for a whole extra day;
- Some rental outlets reward you with discounts if you pay right away, so be sure to keep your eyes open for these great offers;
- It's best to secure your booking as soon as your dates are set. The early bird catches the worm!
What kind of rental car should I get for Norwalk?
No other mode of transportation can give you freedom and convenience like your own car. Whatever the reason for your jaunt to Norwalk, CarRentals.com has an excellent range of vehicles to drive away in. Spending some quality time with your beloved? Get cozy by renting a mini or compact car. Great fun to drive and easy to park in tight spots, you'll love sitting side by side in one of these cute rides. An SUV is a great choice for large families. There's loads of space for everyone and you can venture where you want, when you want. If you're on a work trip, a premium car will transport you from your hotel to those important meetings in comfort and style.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Norwalk?
You'll be glad to hear that there's an impressive variety of both high-end and economy vehicles to rent in Norwalk. What you end up going for is largely dependent on how much you want to spend and what you're planning to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles are all about mod cons and comfort. If you're splurging, why not pick an elite SUV, or perhaps a slick medium-sized vehicle? Otherwise, if you just need a set of wheels to get from A to B as efficiently as possible, you're better off going with a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).