Where is Long Island?
There's a whole lot to learn about Long Island, but there's no need to feel overwhelmed. Before you pick up the keys to your rental car, let's begin with the basics.
You'll find the lapping coastlines and salty sea breezes of Long Island in the country of United States of America.
What are the major attractions in Long Island?
If your trip to Long Island is all booked but your travel itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Outdoor adventuring or hitting up the local nightlife? Whatever type of traveler you are, CarRentals.com can help you live out your vacation dreams.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Long Island?
Here are our top tips on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Research as many different deals as possible (we make that task a pushover!);
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you in the know about all the unbeatable bargains cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to ensure you're getting the cheapest deal in town;
- If you have room to move in your schedule, modify your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- See if you can keep your pickup time and your drop-off time the same. If you return your car later than you picked it up, you may be charged an extra day;
- Some places reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep an eye out for these great deals;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book now and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Long Island?
A rental car will help you travel from A to B with ease in Long Island. If you're traveling on a shoestring and want to stretch your budget, a mini or a compact is a great choice. These smaller cars are affordable to run and a cinch to park. If you're traveling with the family, an SUV will give you enough space to stretch your legs.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Long Island?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Long Island, a roomy SUV could be the best solution. If you want the cheapest possible price and plan on staying mostly in the city, a budget compact is a smart pick. All you need to do is choose what's the best fit, throw your bags in the back seat, and clock up those miles.