What are the major attractions in Hartford?
If your trip to Hartford is all locked in but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Explore the best that this city has to offer by adding Bushnell Park and Mark Twain House to your travel schedule. If you've got an extra day up your sleeve, check out Trinity College and St. Joseph College too.
Not far from the city center, Hartford Downtown Farmers Market is one attraction to consider adding to your to-do list. Old State House and Connecticut Office of Culture and Tourism are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Hartford?
You shouldn't spend all your time in Hartford when there's a great big world out there to explore! Just 34 miles away, New Haven will keep you occupied with interesting sights like Yale University. Yale Bowl is another popular stop.
Where are the best convention centers near Hartford?
If you have some important business to see to in Hartford, there's a good chance you'll be spending a lot of time at a convention center. If that's the case, you might want to hear about the ones that have hotels and restaurants nearby:
- Connecticut Convention Center (0.3 miles away).
- Connecticut Expo Center (1 mile away).
- Wadsworth Mansion (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Hartford?
We've put together a list of all the tricks of the trade to help you save on a car rental:
- Our convenient filter feature is about to become your new best friend. Compare the biggest discounts from all of the top rental car companies with just a few clicks;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all the unbeatable prices for your desired destination;
- Broaden your search to include both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to be sure you're getting the best offer in town;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are flexible, try scoring a better price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Keep more cash in your pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the best deals! Book now to drive off with some excellent savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Hartford?
Hartford is major. You could chill out for a week here and not get bored. If you want to take in as much as you can in this buzzing metropolis, a rental car is a must. Bear in mind that driving in big cities often comes with tight streets and even tighter parking spots. Don't stress though, because a small car like a compact will make this a lot less daunting. If you're in the mood to leave the city behind and check out the rolling hills that Hartford is well known for, you may prefer a rental car with a bit more power. A mid-size or full-size SUV are perfect for scenic road trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Hartford?
For some, owning a high-end vehicle may be somewhat out of reach. But renting the car of your dreams is certainly within your grasp! Imagine the thrill of cruising down the highway in a swanky sports car, even if it's just for a short while. Or maybe all you're after is a set of wheels to get you safely from A to B. Flashy or frugal? Either way, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in Hartford.