What are the major attractions in Cape Town?
If your trip to Cape Town is all organized but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
If there's one thing that epitomizes Cape Town, it's Table Mountain. Make sure you capture loads of great shots in front of this iconic sight to share with your friends when you get home.
Explore the best of what this place has to offer by adding Greenmarket Square and Castle of Good Hope to your must-see list. If you have an extra day up your sleeve, have a look at Cape Town International Convention Centre and South African National Gallery too.
Stop by Golden Acre Shopping Mall. It's one sight you'll usually find on many travelers' to-do lists. If you still have some space on your travel schedule, Africa Centre and St. Georges Mall will keep you on the go, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Cape Town?
With some terrific day trip options available in the surrounding area, having your own car makes sense. Without one, it'd be much harder to enjoy all that Tulbagh, 62 miles away, has to offer. Rijks Wine Cellar should be high up on your list here. Tulbagh Local Nature Reserve and Saronsberg Wine Cellar are awesome attractions too. Darling is another popular option. It's 37 miles away and has a range of fun things to do. Darling Museum, Groote Post and Darling Cellars are only the start.
Where are the best beaches near Cape Town?
There's nothing like winding down the car window and feeling the cool, salty breeze in your hair while you're cruising by the sea. Bring along some yummy food and spend a couple of hours soaking up the sun at one of the lovely beaches near Cape Town. Popular options include:
- Milton Beach (2 miles away).
- Queens Beach (2 miles away).
- Clifton Bay Beach (3 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Cape Town?
Heading off to Cape Town for work? After an exhausting day of mingling and making new connections, you might find your stomach yelling out for food. Thankfully, these convention centers offer an easy commute to some fantastic cafés and restaurants:
- Cape Town International Convention Centre (0.4 miles away).
- The Forum Conferencing & Banqueting Centre (1 mile away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Cape Town?
Below are our top suggestions if you're looking to bag the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top rental companies in just a few clicks;
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all the best prices for your selected location;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, play around with your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- See if you can keep your pickup time and your drop-off time the same. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged a full extra day;
- Keep more cash in your pocket. You'll score some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and drive away with your dream ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Cape Town?
Cape Town awaits your arrival. This busy metropolis is bursting with superb sights and experiences — Table Mountain, anyone? Naturally, big cities often mean dense traffic, and finding a park doesn't always come easy. That's why smart motorists pick an economy or a compact car. These small runabouts won't be suitable for everyone though. If you're road tripping with friends, you might prefer a ride that's a little more spacious, such as an SUV or a standard car. These would also make it easier to drive around the alluring tablelands the region is renowned for.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Cape Town?
For some of us, owning a high-end vehicle is the stuff of fairy tales. But renting your dream car is well within your grasp! Imagine the joy of rolling into town in a swish convertible, even if it's only for a little while. Or maybe all you need is a dependable set of wheels to get you quickly from A to B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Cape Town.