Where is South Africa?
There's no finer way to discover a new country than from behind the wheel of your very own rental car. You'll have confidence hitting the road in South Africa after getting up to date on a few basics. Just one of the countries located in Africa, South Africa has loads to offer every kind of traveler. No trip here would be complete without stopping off at the national capital, Pretoria.
What are the major attractions in South Africa?
Unmissable sights are around almost every corner in South Africa. Buckle up and we'll tell you about a few of them. Your first stop should be Table Mountain, 2 miles from downtown Cape Town. Not just any old attraction, this well-known place draws numerous adventurers every year.
What are the best road trip destinations in South Africa?
South Africa is an amazing place to cruise the highways and back streets in your own rental car. Crank up the radio and enjoy the freedom of exploring all the hidden gems dotted between each of its top tourist destinations. Explore some (or all) of this place's most popular cities:
- Cape Town (population of 3,433,400)
- Durban (population of 3,120,300)
- Johannesburg (population of 2,026,500)
- Pretoria (population of 1,619,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in South Africa?
Avoid paying a fortune for a rental car by following our top tips:
- Use our clever filter tool to point you in the direction of the cheapest car deals around — then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email and stay up to date when prices fall for your desired location;
- Research is the key to bagging the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- To avoid paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- If you're hoping to save a few dollars, prepay for your rental and get some of the best rates around;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book now and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in South Africa?
Fun to drive, simple to park, and incredibly fuel-efficient — it's no wonder minis are such a popular choice with visitors to South Africa. Rent one and you'll be zipping through the streets of Cape Town and Durban before you know it. Hoping to hit the open road and see a bit more of the area? These nifty vehicles are also good for short trips if you're traveling light.
From tablelands to beaches and mountains, South Africa is home to some picturesque nature. Why not get out and enjoy the best of them? Escape town and set out on some fun day trips. An SUV is a perfect fit for those longer rides. Designed to deal with any kind of terrain, these larger vehicles make it a delight to veer off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in South Africa?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in South Africa. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to zippy little compacts that make parking a breeze, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on how much you want to spend and what you intend to do. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than an engine and four wheels. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this time?