Car rentals in Hurghada: All you need to know
You want a great vehicle to take you around Hurghada whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. See the famous sites around the region and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Hurghada. We've answered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Hurghada. Read on to discover the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How do I get a great deal on a car rental in Hurghada?
We always try to get you the best rate. However, there are ways to get an even lower price on your next booking. Be sure to:
- Read through the mileage policy to steer clear of any surprise fees
- Book your rental car as far in advance as you can
- Avoid airport pick-ups and drop-offs if possible; they normally are more expensive
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you may save more if you rent the car for longer
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Hurghada?
From global names like Avis and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Hurghada?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're certain to find an automobile that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Hurghada?
Generally, to rent a car in Hurghada you must be at least 21. But, there might be an additional fee if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category cars in particular. Go over the supplier's terms to find what any additional charges will be before you book your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Hurghada?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip. Several credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, like not covering bigger vehicles such as trucks or SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Hurghada.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for a gas station close to your rental car supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you plan to do a little sightseeing or visit several customers all over Hurghada. You can cruise as much as you want and not incur additional charges. Read over your policy to find out if there are any limitations.
Before you drive off
Make sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Check out the car and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Hurghada rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Hurghada has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Hurghada.