Where is Ghana?
Ghana is waiting for you. There's no end to the adventures you can have once you hop behind the wheel of that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here's some basic info that everyone ought to know. Ghana is among the fascinating countries that make up Africa. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Accra, will jump out at you. If you're looking to experience the beating pulse of this country, a visit here is highly recommended.
What are the best road trip destinations in Ghana?
Adventure awaits around every corner of this glorious region. Ghana is one of those special places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its stunning destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can take as little or as long as your heart desires discovering every one of its hidden treasures. Discover some (or all) of this place's most popular cities:
- Accra (population of 1,963,300)
- Kumasi (population of 1,468,600)
- Tamale (population of 360,600)
- Cape Coast (population of 143,000)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Ghana?
We've pulled together a list of the best ways to help you save:
- Use our amazing filter tool to help steer you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all of the best bargains for your chosen destination;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to be sure you're bagging the absolute best price in town;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, play around with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll grab some of the best deals when you prepay your rental;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your dates are locked in. The early bird gets the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in Ghana?
If being comfortable is your top priority when choosing a rental vehicle, a full-size car will be a perfect choice. With a big interior and a powerful engine, there'll be ample room for everyone in the family during your trip through Ghana. This dependable vehicle also boasts luxurious features like fancy leather seats and a high-tech entertainment system. Throw your luggage in the trunk, stock up on provisions, and turn up the music as you drive through Accra and Kumasi.
That said, Ghana boasts some amazing rainforests, coastal plains, and sandy shores. It'd be a shame not to get out of town to check out those breathtaking scenes. If that sounds like something you want to do, opt for a full-size car or an SUV. Even if you don't have plans to take the path less traveled, you'll be grateful for that extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Ghana?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Ghana, a robust and stylish SUV could be a good choice. If you're looking for the best possible deal and plan on sticking mostly to the city, a budget compact is a wise pick. All you need to do is choose what suits you best, load up the car, and start clocking up those miles.