Car rentals in Florence: All you need to know
A Florence car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Florence. Keep reading to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I get a great deal on a car rental in Florence?
You're on your way to locating the best price on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your upcoming booking. You can:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you will know the actual cost before you rent
- Decide the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Florence.
What rental companies have outlets in Florence?
We have around 9 car rental companies to pick from in Florence. You'll find some of the best brands, like Alamo. Scan through the online reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Florence?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Florence. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to read over our table below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Florence?
Usually, to rent a car in Florence you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to review the rental agreement to find any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Does Florence require rental car insurance?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through rental car company for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, offer some insurance on your rental; but, there are usually restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We recommend a full tank policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you should bring it back it filled up. If you want to save some money, it is best to find a gas station before you bring it back. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you plan to do a little sightseeing or visit a lot of customers all over Florence. You can cruise as much as you like and not incur extra charges. Go over your policy to discover if there are any restrictions.
What is Florence famous for?
You'll be happy you have a car so you can explore all that Florence offers. Boboli Gardens (Giardino di Boboli) and Palazzo Pitti should be on your must-see list when you do some sightseeing Florence.
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Florence adventure, be sure you go over a few things before you leave the lot. You should:
- Inspect your car and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Florence rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal vehicle that can align with your needs and not break the bank.