Car rentals in Tuscany: All you need to know
A Tuscany car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of the area has to offer. We've collected the most popular questions about renting a car in Tuscany. Keep reading to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How can I get a bargain rental car in Tuscany?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book budget-friendly rates. Simply type in your travel dates and scroll down the variety of car rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the best packages Tuscany has to offer. You should also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Don't rent more car than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Tuscany rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Tuscany?
From global names like National and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Tuscany?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Tuscany. If you're having difficulty choosing, be sure to look over our chart below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Tuscany?
Normally, to rent a car in Tuscany you must be at least 21. But, you may find that there is an additional fee if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Read through the terms to figure out what any additional fees is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Tuscany?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for interim insurance with the rental car supplier.Many credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. But many of them have restrictions, such as not covering large vehicles like premium models or some SUVs. It is best to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to Tuscany.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Tuscany.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Tuscany?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
What are some things to do in Tuscany?
There is tons to see and do in this city. Some of Tuscany's most popular attractions are:
- Sovestro in Poggio Winery
- Castello di Verrazzano
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Fortunately, you'll be able to cruise to whichever one you want or visit them all.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Tuscany trip, be sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Walk around your vehicle and be sure there is no damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Tuscany car rental today
When you reserve your car with CarRentals.com, you know you can depend on a great car that will result in more extra cash in the bank. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your impeccable Tuscany rental car. We'll see you out here.