From celebrity sightings in supermarkets to shopping at fabulous boutiques on Rodeo Drive, there’s nothing you can’t do in La-La Land. You’ll want to explore every inch of this extraordinary place during your time here, so why waste time waiting around for public transportation when you can hop in your own set of wheels and get your vacation started?
How can I get a cheap car rental in Los Angeles?
With cheap car rentals in the City of Angels from CarRentals.com, you can explore every inch of this extraordinary place. To secure the best deal, be sure to:
- - Compare the prices of vehicles;
- - Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs, which can cost more;
- - Know in advance how much fuel/mileage you need from your rental;
- - Search and reserve in advance!
Which car rental companies are situated in Los Angeles?
Along with the big companies like Sixt, Hertz, and Avis, there are also a lot of smaller regional suppliers in LA. Make sure to check their reviews when browsing.
What kind of car should I get in Los Angeles, California?
This depends on what you’ll be getting up to, the size of your travel party, and the amount of luggage you’ll be bringing.
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Luxury||Everone who wants to travel Los Angeles in style||Camaro, Chrysler 300, or similar|
|Minivan||Families with a lot of luggage and need for space||Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand Caravan, or similar|
|Economy Car||Couple or two friends heading to the beach and back||Chevrolet Spark, Vauxhall Corsa, or similar|
How old do I have to be to rent a car in LA?
The minimum age for renting a car is 21 years. A surcharge may apply for drivers under the age of 25 years.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in LA?
Yes. You can check if your car or credit card insurance covers renting a car. As a US citizen, you can purchase insurance at the CarRentals.com checkout or from the rental company direct.
What fuel policy is available in Los Angeles?
Very often, your rental will come with a full-to-full fuel policy. You’ll need to remember to fill up the tank before you return the car, to avoid extra fees.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in Los Angeles, California?
It’s useful to know how far you want to drive and plan your trips in advance. Many suppliers offer unlimited mileage, but if this isn’t part of your package, be sure to not pile up those miles and face extra costs.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Los Angeles?
Yes, but additional fees may apply. Contact the car rental company to find out the feasibility and cost.
3 sights that you cannot miss in LA
Los Angeles has been the epicenter of glitz and glamour for more than 100 years. Start your engine and drive over to these top attractions:
- - No trip to Los Angeles is complete without a stop at the Hollywood Sign, the cultural icon and landmark situated on Mount Lee, in the Hollywood Hills area of the Santa Monica Mountains.
- - Once you’ve snapped pictures and imagined your name up in lights, drive your rental car about 20 miles southwest to The Getty Center. This art museum, which is open to the public free of charge, features the immense collection of J. Paul Getty, along with beautiful gardens that you can walk through for hours.
- - If you prefer to see one of L.A.’s newer attractions, the battleship U.S.S. Iowa has been docked in Los Angeles Harbor since 2012. A tour of this giant vessel and the museum it contains will leave you in awe of its history and abilities.
3 great road trips from Los Angeles, California
As much as there is to explore in LA, sometimes it’s nice to get away from the crowds and the traffic, and there is plenty to see just a short drive away from the city:
- - Palm Springs is just a 2-hour drive from LA and is perfect if you want to visit a trendy hotel with a spa, a golf course, and a glamorous swimming pool for the day.
- - San Diego can be reached by car in just 2 hours from LA. If you love beaches and hiking, this is an ideal day trip for you.
- - Just 1.5 hours away, you can go wine tasting and get your adrenaline pumping in a hot air balloon in Southern California’s city of Temecula.
What is parking like in LA?
Since so many people drive in LA, you’ll see parking lots in a lot of places. If you find street parking, make sure you read the signs to check the cost and if there are restrictions on how long you can leave your vehicle there, to avoid being towed or issued a parking ticket.
With all this to do and more in beautiful Los Angeles, don’t hang around! Book your rental car here at CarRentals.com today and get ready to explore the sands of Manhattan Beach and the giant homes of the Hollywood Hills.