Where is France?
Driving in a new country is a daunting thought for some, but there's no need to stress. Read up on the following info and you'll be cruising your rental car along the roads of France in no time at all. France is located on the continent of Europe, a land mass that never fails to inspire and impress. Its capital is Paris. Home to some of the country's most popular sights, it's the perfect introduction to what this place is about.
What are the major attractions in France?
You might have issues getting a parking space right in front of these iconic attractions, but believe us — they're definitely worth a short wander. The greatest thing about heading to France is ticking these off your bucket list:
- Mercantour National Park (1 mile from the center of Saint-Sauveur-sur-Tinee, Provence - Alpes - Cote d'Azur)
- Tristaina Lakes (1 mile from the center of Arcalís, Occitanie)
- Pont Vieux (0.4 miles from the center of Sospel, Monaco (and vicinity))
What are the best road trip destinations in France?
France is a wonderful place to take to the open roads and highways in your own rental car. Turn up your favorite playlist and enjoy the freedom and independence of discovering all the region's gems dotted between each of its most popular travel destinations. Try to check off as many of this place's most famous destinations as possible:
- Paris (population of 2,138,600)
- Marseille (population of 794,800)
- Lyon (population of 472,300)
- Toulouse (population of 433,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in France?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips and tricks:
- Check out as many different offers as possible (we make that job as easy as ABC!);
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and stay up to date when prices fall for your destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're scoring the best deal around;
- If your dates are not set in concrete, try getting a better deal by modifying the days of the week in your search;
- If possible, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you bring back your car later than you picked it up, you might be charged an extra day unnecessarily;
- Some rental outlets offer big incentives to pay immediately, so keep an eye out for these great offers;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, along with the hottest deals! Book now to drive off with some impressive savings, on top of your perfect set of wheels.