Car rentals in Livermore: All you need to know
A Livermore car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of California has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Livermore. Read on to discover the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How do I find a great deal on a car rental in Livermore?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best price. But, you can do a couple things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. You can:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the actual cost before you rent
- Determine what vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Livermore rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Livermore?
From budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty to global names like Enterprise and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Livermore?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Livermore. If you're having trouble picking the right car, make sure to go over the chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Livermore?
Normally, the age limit for car rentals in Livermore is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to go over the terms to find any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Livermore?
Insurance is required, no matter where you rent a car. That said, you might already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it's needed, you can conveniently include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Livermore rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to search for an open gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most rental car companies provide you a full to full tank policy. At CarRentals.com, we advise bringing your car back topped off. If you want to keep your expenses lower, fill up your tank before bringing the rental. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit several customers all over Livermore. You can drive as much as you want without incurring added charges. Go over your policy to find out if there are mileage limitations.
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Livermore trip, be sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should:
- Look over the car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If so, mark it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Livermore car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter the situation, CarRentals.com has a car that can fit your requirement and not deplete your travel fund.