Car rentals in Palo Alto: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Palo Alto whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. See the top sites around town and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Palo Alto. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Palo Alto. Keep reading to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I find a great deal on a car rental in Palo Alto?
You're well on your way to locating the best deal on your car rental by reserving it through CarRentals.com. However, you can do a few things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Normally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Palo Alto rental car.
What rental companies have outlets in Palo Alto?
CarRentals.com has around nine rental companies to choose from in Palo Alto. You'll find some of the best companies, like Thrifty. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Palo Alto?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Palo Alto. If you're having a little trouble deciding, be sure to read over our chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Palo Alto?
Usually, to rent a car in Palo Alto you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the exact charge will be before you rent your car.
Does Palo Alto require rental car insurance?
Insurance is required, wherever you're renting a car. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Palo Alto. Check in advance and, if it's required, you can simply include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to find a gas station close to the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually suggest that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you want to see all that Palo Alto and maybe even the rest of California offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Review the fine print to make certain they are truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Palo Alto adventure, be sure you check a few items before you leave the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Walk around your car and be sure there is no damage or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Palo Alto rental car today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. No matter who you're traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can fit your requirement and not deplete your travel fund.