What are the major attractions in Palo Alto?
If your trip to Palo Alto is all sorted out but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
If you're not already excited to see Stanford University and Computer History Museum during your trip to Palo Alto, you should be. They're some of the most iconic landmarks in the world.
Stanford Shopping Center and Shoreline Park are some fascinating attractions that all travelers should make time to check out. Map out a route and enjoy taking in each one.
Stop by Stanford Maples Pavillion. It's one sight you'll usually find on most travelers' must-do lists. If you still have space on that itinerary, Stanford Stadium and Hoover Tower will keep you entertained, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Palo Alto?
If you've crossed off all the major sights in Palo Alto, you won't want to take off your comfy sightseeing shoes just yet. You'll find some famous sights a short road trip away. Travelers from all around make a stop at Great Mall of the Bay Area. You can reach it from East Foothills, 19 miles away.
Where are the best beaches near Palo Alto?
There's nothing like winding down the car window and feeling the cool, salty breeze on your face while you're driving along the seaside. Pack some food and spend some time having fun in the sun at one of the wonderful beaches near Palo Alto. Top options include:
- Lakeshore Park Beach (12 miles away).
- San Gregorio State Beach (16 miles away).
- Cowell Ranch State Beach (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Palo Alto?
After spending loads of time mingling with like-minded individuals, it's always good to be able to rest your head someplace nearby. If you're visiting Palo Alto on business, these are some of the best convention centers that are close to hotels, restaurants and cafés:
- Allied Arts Guild (2 miles away).
- San Mateo County Event Center (12 miles away).
- Parkside Hall (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Palo Alto?
We've pulled together a list of our best tips and tricks to help you save on a rental car:
- Our terrific filter feature is going to be your new bestie. Sift through the biggest discounts from all of the top rental car companies as quick as a flash;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email and stay up to date when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're bagging the best deal in town;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- If possible, keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you could be charged an extra day unnecessarily;
- If you'd love to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and enjoy some of the thriftiest rates around;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to grab some excellent savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Palo Alto?
Palo Alto — so many things to see and do, so little time. Stanford University is just the beginning. That's why a rental car is a clever move. Discover more of the landmarks of this metropolis with a compact or an economy car. Bumper-to-bumper traffic, narrow streets, lane changes, and dead ends are all the easier with little runabouts like these. But if you'd rather cruise around in slightly more style, why not consider a convertible? Ideal for savoring the good weather and scenery, you can head off to the sandy shores of the region with the top pulled down and the wind through your hair.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Palo Alto?
For some, owning a prestige vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting your dream car can easily be a reality! Imagine the thrill of rolling into town in a classy sports car, even if it's only for a day or two. Or maybe all you're after is a reliable set of wheels to bring you safely from point A to point B. Flashy or frugal? Either way, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit you in Palo Alto.