What are the major attractions in Waukegan?
If your trip to Waukegan is all organized but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
Six Flags Great America deserves way more than just a quick drive-by. Hop out of your car and spend some quality time checking out this iconic sight while you're in Waukegan.
Plan a stop at The People's Choice Family Fun Center. It's one sight you'll usually find on most travelers' must-do lists. Jack Benny Center for the Arts and Visual Arts Center are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Waukegan?
Waukegan has some wonderful sights, but there's more to see in the surrounding area. How does a landmark attraction sound to you? Art Institute of Chicago is worth a day trip. You'll find it in Chicago, 37 miles away.
Where are the best beaches near Waukegan?
One of the best things about having a car while you're staying in Waukegan is that you can get out and explore some of the area's amazing beaches whether it's sunny or rainy. So, grab your sunglasses (or an umbrella) and get ready to drive to one of these heavenly options:
- Illinois Beach State Park (4 miles away).
- Rosewood Beach (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Waukegan?
Here are our recommendations on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Our clever filter tool is going to be your new bestie. Size up the cheapest bargains from all of the top rental car companies as quick as a flash;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best deals for your selected location;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to ensure you're getting the best deal around;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- No one enjoys being charged a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Sometimes rental companies offer big incentives to pay as soon as you book, so be sure to watch out for these money-saving offers;
- Finally, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as you can to score a mountain of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Waukegan?
With your own ride, Waukegan is yours to experience. People journey to this city for a host of reasons, and here at CarRentals.com we have an unique car for each of them. The main priority for big families is space. Depending on the number of family members, that could mean anything from a full-size car to a van. Those on a budget usually opt for the affordability of our smaller rentals, such as a compact car or mini. If you're in the mood to turn some heads in Waukegan, browse our special category for a vehicle that will make any car enthusiast weak at the knees.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Waukegan?
For some of us, owning a prestige vehicle is a little (or a lot!) out of reach. But renting your dream car is far more achievable than you might think! Experience the thrill of cruising into town in a swanky sports car, even if it's just for a short while. Or maybe all you're looking for is a reliable set of wheels to get you quickly from point A to point B. Flashy or frugal? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Waukegan.