What are the major attractions in San Rafael?
If your trip to San Rafael is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Muir Woods National Monument is a must-see attraction in this marvelous city. Swing by and see what makes it so alluring.
Not too far from the city center, Mission San Rafael Arcangel is one sight you might like to consider adding to your must-see list. San Rafael Pacifics Baseball - Albert Park and Classic Billiards are also a stone's throw away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near San Rafael?
San Rafael is home to some wonderful sights, but there's even more to see in the surrounding area. How does an iconic attraction sound to you? Palo Alto is only 43 miles away and the home of Stanford University. Fill up the gas tank, because it's well worth a day trip.
Where are the best beaches near San Rafael?
No matter the weather, you'll be able to catch sight of the awesome beaches near San Rafael from the comfort of your rental car. As you drive along, keep an eye out for seabirds flying over these stunning stretches of coastline:
- Bolinas Beach (9 miles away).
- Rodeo Beach (10 miles away).
- Baker Beach (12 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near San Rafael?
Constantly traveling for work? Convention centers are probably quite familiar to you. With easy access to hotels and restaurants, your trip is sure to go off without a hitch if you're on your way to any of these places:
- Classic Billiards (0.2 miles away).
- Fairfax Pavillion (4 miles away).
- China Cabin (7 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in San Rafael?
Here are all the tricks of the trade to help you keep more money in your pocket:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in a couple of clicks;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best offers for your selected location;
- Broaden your search to include both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to be sure you're bagging the cheapest price in town;
- If your dates are not written in stone, try getting a better deal by changing the days in your search;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more cash in your back pocket. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, along with the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to grab some impressive savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for San Rafael?
Some people find ducking in and out of traffic in big cities a little tricky. But in a small ride like a compact, getting around San Rafael will be a cinch. Rather spend your time discovering the surrounding sandy shores? Take a look at our wide range of mid-size and full-size SUVs. With loads of space and more oomph under the hood, these bigger cars will make those long, scenic drives even more unforgettable. Ticking off all the experiences and attractions that San Rafael is known for has never been easier with your own set of wheels.
Should I get a luxury rental car in San Rafael?
First of all, there's a great range of both economy and luxury rental vehicles in San Rafael. What you end up opting for is largely dependent on your funds and what you're planning to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles are all about comfort and class. If you're splurging, why not book an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a slick medium-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you're just after a set of wheels to get you around town as economically as possible, you're better off going with a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).