What are the major attractions in Berkeley?
If your trip to Berkeley is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
You'll need to get up early if you want to see all the great attractions this place has to offer. Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive and Greek Theater are no-brainers. University of California, Berkeley and University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley shouldn't be overlooked either.
Plan a stop at Magnes Collection of Jewish Art & Life. It's one sight you'll usually find on most visitors' to-do lists. Robert Lowie Museum of Anthropology and UC Theatre Taube Family Music Hall are also close by and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Berkeley?
Pull out your bucket list, because it's about to get a little longer. Once you've crossed off the best sights in Berkeley, you'll discover an iconic attraction just a little down the road. Travelers from all over the world make a beeline for Stanford University. You can reach it from Palo Alto, 31 miles away.
Where are the best beaches near Berkeley?
No matter what the weather's like, you'll be able to see the glorious beaches near Berkeley from the comfort and freedom of your own rental car. When you get near the ocean, keep your eyes peeled for seagulls circling over these dazzling stretches of coastline:
- Baker Beach (12 miles away).
- China Beach (12 miles away).
- Rodeo Beach (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Berkeley?
Constantly traveling for business-related purposes? Convention centers are probably quite familiar to you. With easy access to hotels and cafés, your trip is sure to go off without a hitch if you're heading to any of these places:
- Oakland Convention Center (5 miles away).
- Kaiser Convention Center (5 miles away).
- Craneway Pavilion (6 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Berkeley?
Below you'll find our top tips if you're looking to score the best price on a rental car:
- Check out as many different offers as you can (we make that job completely painless!);
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what terrific bargains will hightail it into your inbox;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If you have some wiggle room in your schedule, alter your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you return your car at a later time than you picked it up, you might have to pay for a whole extra day;
- If you're hoping to keep some extra cash in your pocket, prepay for your rental and drive away with some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and drive away with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Berkeley?
Whether you're heading away solo or with a few friends, CarRentals.com will help you find the best wheels for your Berkeley adventure. A compact car is a superb option if you're planning to spend a lot of time in the center of the city. Cheap to rent and reliable, these vehicles will take you here, there and everywhere easily and comfortably. If you feel like doing things a little differently, take a peek at our special rental category. You're certain to find something that'll make a few jaws drop. Got the little ones in tow? A roomy full-size car will meet your needs.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Berkeley?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Berkeley, a comfortable SUV could be your perfect match. If you'd like the best possible price and plan on sticking mostly to the city, an economy car is a clever pick. All you need to do is work out what'll suit you best, load up the car, and clock up those miles.