How can I get a cheap car rental in Marin County?
Here's a rundown of our top recommendations if you want to bag the best deal on a rental car:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the leading rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what fantastic bargains will make a detour to your inbox;
- Research is the key to bagging the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in stone, try scoring a better price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be around the same time (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for a whole extra day;
- Sometimes car rental outlets offer big incentives to pay immediately, so be sure to keep your eyes open for these great deals;
- It's best to secure your booking as soon as your dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What is the most popular rental car category in Marin County?
Of course, Marin County is well known for its sandy shores, beaches, and mountains. Many intrepid adventurers escape the city to take in these glorious vistas. If that sounds like something you'd be into, consider a full-size car or an SUV. Even if you don't plan to take the path less traveled, you'll be thankful for that extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Marin County?
You'll be happy to hear that there's a wide variety of both luxury and economy vehicles to rent in Marin County. What you end up going for is largely dependent on your budget and what you plan to do. Specialty vehicles often spare no expense when it comes to mod cons and comfort. If you want to treat yourself, why not grab a high-end SUV, or perhaps a stylish mid-sized vehicle? Alternatively, if you're just after a car to get from A to B at the cheapest price possible, stick with a no-frills compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).