Car rentals in Herndon: All you need to know
A Herndon car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Virginia has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered the most popular questions about renting a car in Herndon. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I find a bargain car rental in Herndon?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best rate. However, there are ways to get an even lower price on your next rental. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you book
- Decide what vehicle you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Herndon rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Herndon?
From budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget to global names like Enterprise and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Herndon?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Herndon. If you're having a little trouble deciding, make sure to read over our table below. We have compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Herndon?
Generally, to rent a car in Herndon you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. Additionally, many suppliers charge an added fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read over the supplier's terms to determine what the total will be before you book your vehicle.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Herndon?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you're renting a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it is necessary, you can conveniently include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for an open gas station close to the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually recommend that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the details on mileage limits before you book.
Before you drive off
Before you begin on your Herndon vacation, be sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the lot. You should:
- Look over the car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Herndon car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Herndon has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the great restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Herndon.