Car rentals in Alexandria: All you need to know
An Alexandria car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Virginia has to offer. We've collected your most popular questions about car rentals in Alexandria. Keep reading to see which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I find a bargain car rental in Alexandria?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to snag budget-friendly deals. Just type in your travel dates and go down the list of car rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Alexandria. You can also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Decide what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Alexandria?
From global names like Enterprise and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Alexandria?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Virginia metropolis means you're bound to find an automobile that suits your needs. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Alexandria?
Normally, to rent a car in Alexandria you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added charge if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Read through the supplier's terms to determine what any additional fees is before you book your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Alexandria?
Insurance is required, no matter where you're renting a car. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Alexandria. Check ahead of time and, if it is needed, you can simply add it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Alexandria.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Alexandria?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the fine print before you book.
Before you drive off
Be sure you go over a few things before you leave the lot. You should take time to:
- Walk around your vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Alexandria car rental today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. CarRentals.com has the ideal rental car that can fit your requirements and not deplete your travel piggy bank.