Where is Australia?
Australia is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new experiences you can have once you climb behind the wheel of that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here are some basics that everyone ought to know. One of the countries located in Australia - New Zealand and the South Pacific, Australia has lots to offer every type of traveler. No trip here would be complete without stopping off at the nation's capital, Canberra.
What are the major attractions in Australia?
With a rental car, it'll be a cinch to check out this place's biggest and best sights. Australia boasts some truly unforgettable attractions like the following:
- Sydney Showground (8 miles from the center of Sydney)
- Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex (1 mile from the center of Melbourne)
- Dreamworld (12 miles from the center of Gold Coast)
What are the best road trip destinations in Australia?
Australia is a wonderful place to hit the highways and byways in your own rental vehicle. Turn up the radio and enjoy the freedom of discovering all the region's gems dotted between each of its most famous tourist destinations. Try to check off as many of this place's top destinations as possible:
- Sydney (population of 4,627,300)
- Melbourne (population of 4,246,400)
- Brisbane (population of 2,189,900)
- Perth (population of 1,896,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Australia?
We've put together a list of the best ways to help you save on a rental car:
- Use our clever filter feature to steer you in the direction of the hottest car deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Check your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the hot deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Research is the key to bagging the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for an entire extra day;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll grab some of the best deals when you prepay your rental car;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to drive off with some great savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Australia?
Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, and that's true when it comes to your ride. In Australia, compact cars are the most commonly booked rental vehicle for plenty of reasons. Terrific gas mileage, zippy handling, and ease of parking are the tip of the iceberg! If you intend to drive in Sydney or Melbourne, book something that's chic and compact.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Australia?
First of all, there's a wide variety of luxurious rental vehicles on offer in Australia. What you end up going for is largely dependent on what you're willing to spend and the activities you've got planned. Specialty vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about comfort and class. If you feel like splashing out, why not pick a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a slick medium-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you're just after a set of wheels to zip around town in as economically as possible, go for an economy vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).